The Contemporary Learning Conference is a not-for-profit event designed as a source of inspiration for educational professionals. It is based on a contemporary theory for self-realisation and self-creation.
The themes of the conference, found below, are based on this theory and create a blueprint from which schools and educators can support learner development in preparation for the challenges of the 21st century.
- Psychology: character, core values, idiolect, well being, self-concept, self-efficacy, motivation, growth mind-set, learning orientation, goal setting.
- Learning behaviour: the behaviours that enable learning to occur.
- Family: how can the home influence learning.
- School: how does school affect the self, psychology and behaviour of learners, including school systems and teachers' use of pedagogy.
- Wider society: how wider society can have an impact on learning.